Re: TeMIP versus NNM (487 Views)
Occasional Contributor
OSS – Telecom solutions
Message 1 of 6 (487 Views)
Accepted Solution

TeMIP versus NNM

Hi All,

My company have both TeMIP and NNM and they are asking me on which tool i want to work.
I want to know the job market of both of these as an comparison which one should i choose for future growth, I am working in telecom company.

Suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Maaz
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Saqib Javed
Message 2 of 6 (487 Views)

Re: TeMIP versus NNM

Hi Maaz,

This is very interesting!

Both are very good tools and being used as per different requirements. The point is, if you wana go to pure telco side then TeMIP is the best option. Others, NNM would be a good for Network side. if you are new comer in the job market, and think to start career then NNM is good. Keep in mind NNM have good and frequently placing a jobs in a market than TeMIP. TeMIP is used in very selective places but highly paid job but the condition is, it needs many years reach near up to the mark.

Regards,
Saqib
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ankit gupta_1
Message 3 of 6 (487 Views)

Hi There,

If you have experience in telecom domain, so you go ahead with TeMIP.

If i talk about NNM, so you should have the proper knowledge of Network domain as well, and NNM market is too good than TeMIP.

So you choose based on ur expertise.

Always Believe "The Best is yet to Come".
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
OSS – Telecom solutions
Message 4 of 6 (487 Views)

Thanks for the reply, i have previous experience of GSM BSS configuration engineer. But i have also worked on HP OVO from last year.

If i move to TeMIP after one and half more experinece of NNM does it make me more usefull employee and will it effect my pay sacle after working on on all these three tools. As Telecom is also changing to IP network.

So i is a long term plan but support is appericiated.

Regards
Maaz
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor
Jov
Message 5 of 6 (487 Views)

Hi,

If you have an option you should be working with Both. Especially as a lot of the telco networks (TeMIP) are merging with IP (NNMi).

See attachment of HP proposed solutions with NNM, OMU (aka OVO) and TeMIP.

A good suggestion is to your boss to you should learn both and get the best solution for both worlds if you dont already have that in your environments.

Jov
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
OSS – Telecom solutions
Message 6 of 6 (487 Views)

Thanks Jov for the reply.
I am quite happy to see the reply.

Regards
Maaz
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation