Re: TeMIP on Sun Solaris (232 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Samo Ster
Message 1 of 3 (232 Views)
Accepted Solution

TeMIP on Sun Solaris

Hi!

We are considering an option to install TeMIP on Sun Solaris operating system. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I am interested in any advantages/disadvantages in comparison to HP-UX. We intend to have a cluster configuration and I was wandering if there are any performance or stability issues.

Thank you very much for your info in advance!

Cheers!
Advisor
Berro-Lacomme Nathalie
Message 2 of 3 (232 Views)

Re: TeMIP on Sun Solaris

Hello,

We already have several customer/NEPs who are using TEMIP on Sun Solaris (Motorola, BSNL, Bouyges...), and they have access to the major TeMIP functionalities and enhancements.
But we promote HP technology first, and gives priority to TeMIP releases on HP hardware (then on Sun), and some specific TeMIP extensions are delivered on-demand on Sun (Ex. Access Module).
On production point of view, the HP Systems provides the same level of performance as the Sun systems.
For cluster, TeMIP supports:
- Alpha TruCluster
- HP-UX ServiceGuard
- Sun Cluster

Regards,
Nathalie.
Occasional Advisor
Samo Ster
Message 3 of 3 (232 Views)

Re: TeMIP on Sun Solaris

Thank you very much for your reply Natalie!

I am generally more inclined to HP-UX system, but for this particular customer, SUN Solaris is preffered choice.

Kind regards!
Samo
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.