Re: Version 7.11 Build 1821 (580 Views)
Regular Advisor
Ralf_Wegener
Message 1 of 6 (782 Views)

Version 7.11 Build 1821

We are in the process of rolling Version 7.11 Build 1821  for a mining company(1500+ users) up in Papua New Guinea and have noticed a number issues:

- When launching/viewing native emails (.MSG)  from TRIM and outlook is not opened, the following error is raised by  the TRIM Addin "Initialisation failed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object", however if outlook is open, no error is raised.

- Having multiple workgroup servers intermittently results in duplication(i.e. exactly the same location object) of locations. Pressing F6 clears the cache and resolves itself.

- It appears you can no longer open a document from any of the office Suite with integration turned on when navigating from containers. I.E., In word, File open > My Recent Containers  does not display containers. Conversely, if you perform a search for a container will not return a result.

- Users cannot view Record Properties from web client , error "Object not set to an instance of object" is raised.

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Philip Harney
Message 2 of 6 (757 Views)

Re: Version 7.11 Build 1821

The other 2 I havent tested the one below, make sense, as you can't open a container with in word, just like you can't open an excel document in word.. (This has been part of 7.1 since its release).   And they probably use some of the office applications sdk to create the search call...

I dont have trim set up at the moment, but i think if you change the settings at the bottom right of the search screen you can select any files.

-----------------------------------

It appears you can no longer open a document from any of the office Suite with integration turned on when navigating from containers. I.E., In word, File open > My Recent Containers does not display containers. Conversely, if you perform a search for a container will not return a result.

--------------------------------

Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
raynebc
Message 3 of 6 (750 Views)

[ Edited ]

Ralf_Wegener wrote:

- When launching/viewing native emails (.MSG)  from TRIM and outlook is not opened, the following error is raised by  the TRIM Addin "Initialisation failed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object", however if outlook is open, no error is raised.

This is very similar to an error we raised with HP, but I thought they said they'd fixed it in 7.1.1?

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Ralf_Wegener
Message 4 of 6 (739 Views)

I don't think I explained correctly. In the past, users were able to open a .DOC document by navigating to it from its container. E.G, I want to open record xyz, I don't know it's number, however I do know the record number of its container, so I search for the container and locate the word document contained within the container.

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Philip Harney
Message 5 of 6 (718 Views)

Hello

I understood, what you meant, and now that I've tested it, I tend to agree, the function shouldn't stop you finding container records if required... But at the moment it only searches for documents. The work around is to use the contained within search method to find the documents with in a container. (more painful but doable)

I would suggest raising it as a support call, as it seems like there is a case to revisit the logic :)

Phil

Please use plain text.
Dominalas
Message 6 of 6 (580 Views)

We have this issue in TRIM 7.1.1 Build 1828. Opening a native email record without Outlook (2007) open yields that same error.

Similarly if Outlook is not open and we try to do a Right Click > Send to> Mail Recipient we get the same error as well as TRIM Outlook being unable to validate the Default Outlook Profile. Clicking Ok on the profile selection screen causes error: Your E-mail system reported an error. MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED. sendMailMessage.

Nick

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation