Trim - Document Transfer (407 Views)
Advisor
Bao L Nguyen
Message 1 of 5 (407 Views)

Trim - Document Transfer

Hi

I have completely transfered all document from one document store to the other using the Document Transfer feature of Trim Client. However, the size and documents of my source document store remain unchaged. Am I not understanding this feature correctly, and should this feature remove documents from the source document store once the documents are transferred?

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Sander Hoogwerf
Message 2 of 5 (390 Views)

Re: Trim - Document Transfer

I've only seem that in TRIM 5 (or early 6) versions where the size and document counts weren't updated on deletes, but running 6.2 now and counts are properly updated.

Transferring documents should delete the documents on your source after copying the document to the new docstore, although I have found that in the source docstore some files may be left behind that have no reference to any of the TRIM objects.

(Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be construed as an official statement by Hewlett Packard.)

Analytics & Data Management
Application & Business Services
HP Enterprise Services
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Bao L Nguyen
Message 3 of 5 (387 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your response, our original document store remained intact with the same number of documents as before. However the new document store size is somewhat 3GB less than the original document store with approximately 6000 documents less when viewed through folder properties in Windows Explorer. Which got me really worry.

I would also like to add we are running 6.2.2 on our servers, since the document transfer does not work on this version, I have upgraded one of my client to 6.2.4 to do the transfer.

Thanks for your help

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Ralf_Wegener
Message 4 of 5 (383 Views)

Have you tried a docStore integrity check. It should give you a differential. Additionally, to be doubly safe, in dos, do a DIR listing with fullpath and size listing of old doc and new docStore,  and pipe it to a excel or whatever you want....me, I'd import the dir listing to something like MSaccess and do a unmatched count. Use the count against your tsrecelec table(there are a few more tables such as rendition, reports, elec blobs etc). Once you get your differential, the question is, are you will to update your HP TRIM dataset metdata  using some sought of SQL script to make the numbers balance?.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Neil Summers
Message 5 of 5 (304 Views)

Is the source doc store read-only in TRIM? That could explain why the documents weren't deleted as part of the transfer process, and could also possibly explain the existence of a lot of documents that no longer have database references. Any deletes/replaced revisions wouldn't get deleted from the source store once it was marked read-only.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HP.

(Please state the version of TRIM/HPRM you're using in all posts)

HP Software Support Online (SSO): http://support.openview.hp.com
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation