Error when saving from Word into TRIM using new office integration and TRIM 7.1 (880 Views)
Esteemed Contributor
Joshua Hutley
Message 1 of 12 (880 Views)

Error when saving from Word into TRIM using new office integration and TRIM 7.1

Hi

I think I have come across a sizable problem with the new Office and HP TRIM 7.1 integration.

Create a new word document and save into TRIM using SAVE.

On the TRIM record entry form make it final.

Close Word and check entry in TRIM. It is only metadata and no electronic attachment.

You must save from Word and make it final when saving for this to occur.

This is a pretty serious problem if I am correct.

Josh

Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 2 of 12 (880 Views)

Re: Error when saving from Word into TRIM using new office integration and TRIM 7.1

Thanks Joshua, checking this out now.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 3 of 12 (880 Views)

Re: Error when saving from Word into TRIM using new office integration and TRIM 7.1

Replicated with Word 2007 and Word 2010 using the 7.1.0 1132 Office Integration.

I have raised a Sev 1 incident with R&D:

QCIM2D41002

Cheers.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Esteemed Contributor
Joshua Hutley
Message 4 of 12 (878 Views)

Thanks as always Jon but a very disappointing development. ODMA had is problems but at least it didn't have the potential to delete a document when it was saved into TRIM.

I didn't think that finalizing a document at time of save into TRIM from Office is an unusual scenario that couldn't have been picked up in internal testing. 

Any idea where the electronic document goes if not into TRIM?

Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 5 of 12 (878 Views)

Yeah, it is a worry.

We've found the document gets stuck in Offline Records.

You can't check it in (you get an error), and from the brief testing we've tried we couldn't drag it onto the record that was created in TRIM.

You can drag it into TRIM and create a NEW record however. (leaving the dud original record in TRIM, unless it's deleted)

I still see it as Sev 1, and R&D have already jumped on this.

Cheers.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Esteemed Contributor
Joshua Hutley
Message 6 of 12 (878 Views)

Hi Jon

yes you are correct, the document is in offline records so it is not lost. you cant check it in from offline records because it it final  however making the document final allows you to check it into TRIM it seems.

Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 7 of 12 (878 Views)

When we made the record unfinalised, the check-in option was available but we got a referential integrity error on the TSLABEL table after trying to check in.

Did it work for your testing?

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 8 of 12 (878 Views)

R&D have created Defect 41008.

Incident QCIM2D41002 has been closed.

:smileyhappy:

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Occasional Advisor
Geraldine Gorham
Message 9 of 12 (799 Views)

Hi,

We have started testing with 7.1.1.1132 & have come across this exact same issue with Word 2007. 

How do we fix this before implementation of 7.1?

Thanks

Honored Contributor
Grundy
Message 10 of 12 (792 Views)

Geraldine Gorham wrote:
How do we fix this before implementation of 7.1?

It is not fixed yet and there is no current release available which will solve this problem.

I expect that the next service pack will have a fix for this included.

The only option before imlementing 7.1 is to use a workaround, e.g. take the Declare as Final tickbox off the record entry form.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Advisor
JaniKrippner
Message 11 of 12 (642 Views)

I have tested this issue using Office 2010 and TRIM 7.1 1157, and can confirm that this is still a problem.

HP Expert
Neil Summers
Message 12 of 12 (629 Views)

Change request QCCR2D41008 was raised by HP for rectification in an upcoming release of TRIM. The status of this CR can be tracked via HP’s self-solve knowledge search (http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/documents - perform an advanced search of known problems using this CR number). When viewing the details of this CR online, you can select the “E-mail me when this known problem is resolved” option.

For this issue, you can see the status of the change request is not yet completed.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HP.

(Please state the version of TRIM/HPRM you're using in all posts)

HP Software Support Online (SSO): http://support.openview.hp.com
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.