hp pavilion ze115 DVD drive problem (86 Views)
Occasional Visitor
JCS_3
Message 1 of 2 (86 Views)

hp pavilion ze115 DVD drive problem

My dvd player plays video and audio, but when it does there is noises plus video jerkyness. I do know about computers. I have tried going through and looking at everything in troubleshooting, but nothing is working right. A is this a hardwear problem that I need to send to the shop or B.is it something I have over looked?
Honored Contributor
Chris Kucy
Message 2 of 2 (86 Views)

Re: hp pavilion ze115 DVD drive problem

Are the noises coming through the speakers or the drive itself? If you hear the reader moving alot inside the drive and the video is jerky in synchronization with the noise then the eye may need cleaning or the disc may need cleaning. You might want to try another disc and see if you get the same problem. Video jerkiness is most often caused by display settings which are too high. If you have 32bit color set, try setting it to 16bit when playing dvd's to give the video card a break, you might also try lowering the screen resolution too and see if thre is any difference. If you can provide more details and symptoms, it would be easier to diagnose a cause.
"File Deletion Is Murder, Hard Drive Formatting Is Genocide" Unknown
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.