Windows clock gets delayed...... (55 Views)
Occasional Contributor
perZei
Message 1 of 4 (55 Views)

Windows clock gets delayed......

[ Edited ]

Does putting off the battery pack of my laptop dv9000 will make my windows clock stop????
I had used other laptops but i had not encountered this problem....
any advice??? thanx....

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Notebook PCs - Pavilions, Presario. - Hp Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Gfuss
Message 2 of 4 (55 Views)

Re: Windows clock gets delayed......

If you do not have your laptop plugged in and the battery is removed, your BIOS would lose the entire date/time (and all the other settings) ONLY if your CMOS battery was also dead.

You can test this by removing the battery but leaving the laptop plugged into an AC outlet. If it keeps the time/date while plugged in, it may just be the CMOS battery is dead and needs replaced.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
perZei
Message 3 of 4 (55 Views)

If you do not have your laptop plugged in and the battery is removed, your BIOS would lose the entire date/time (and all the other settings) ONLY if your CMOS battery was also dead.

You can test this by removing the battery but leaving the laptop plugged into an AC outlet. If it keeps the time/date while plugged in, it may just be the CMOS battery is dead and needs replaced.

>>> So how can I replace the CMOS clock with this model of HP laptop?? Can you give me some advice how to safely replace this CMOS battery???
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Gfuss
Message 4 of 4 (55 Views)

Here's the PDF showing how to replace the battery and what type is needed (pdf page 128):

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01035586.pdf

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation