Wi-Fi Problem for HP Pavilion dm4-1150ea (10499 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Matt-J
Message 1 of 9 (10,499 Views)
Accepted Solution

Wi-Fi Problem for HP Pavilion dm4-1150ea

Hello, because my system came with 64bit installed and it was only home premium while ultimate was needed, so i reinstalled the system on 32bit windows 7 ultimate. Its all working apart from the Wi-Fi and the Fingerprint reader software.

I have tryed all the 32 bit drivers but to no success, the fingerprint reader is installed but there is no software for it to actually log onto the system with it and things.

The Wi-Fi doesnt work at all either, i am currently using a wire inside the laptop but it doesnt work wirelessly, in the connections manager it doesnt show anything to do with wi-fi and the switch for wifi is on.

To sum up:

I need software to make the wi-fi and fingerprint scanner work on the HP Pavilion dm4-1150ea

Thanks for any help in advance, Matt J

Occasional Visitor
bcakir61
Message 2 of 9 (10,463 Views)

Re: Wi-Fi Problem for HP Pavilion dm4-1150ea

I had the same problem and solved this in the following way...

go to device manager and click on the properties of the network controller which is most probably under the unknown devices then go to details and then choose hardware ids... 

google that hardware id with the word broadcom.. then you can find the driver for it.. i dont have the link anymore but it worked for me..

i hope this helps

Occasional Visitor
Matt-J
Message 3 of 9 (10,454 Views)

Thank you so much! You are so AWESOME!

You saved me spending £30 on a repair disc!

Well done, you are so nice

Thank you!

Occasional Visitor
lax891122
Message 4 of 9 (10,447 Views)

Where did you find these drivers?
I have a dv6000 and my wireless card hasnt been working for a looong time
Occasional Visitor
lax891122
Message 5 of 9 (10,446 Views)

Note : after my computer crashed, I replaced mother board and updated from vista to Win 7. It has not been working since 3-4 days after update (almost a eyar ago)
Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 6 of 9 (10,440 Views)

Hi:

I don't see that your notebook comes with a Broadcom wireless network card.  Please post the device details ID string found in the device manager for your unknown ethernet controller.  This string can be found by clicking on the device details tab for that device and drop down on the list in the upper middle of the window to the second choice (hardware ID's)

You should see a string of characters that look something like this.

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4320&SUBSYS_00141737&REV_03

Also please let us know what version of Windows 7 you are using (32 or 64 bit).

Paul

Occasional Visitor
lax891122
Message 7 of 9 (10,387 Views)

IM running 32 bit professional Win 7 on a pavillion dv6436 nr. When I switch my wireless switch from left to right, the blue light does not appear. It has been like this for awhile, and I believe it is a known issue that has gone untreated with HP for over three years know. It is an issue with rebonding the chipset or something, however people have gotten this issue resolved other ways.

I do not have an unknown ethernet adapter in device manageer, just a network controller. This may  be because my computer doesnt even realize it is in my actual laptop due to the chipset being messed up?

Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 8 of 9 (10,379 Views)

Hi:

If you have an unknown network controller showing in your device manager, that is probably your wireless adapter that is not working.

Please post the device ID details as I indicated above.

If you have no unknown devices and your wireless light is not coming on then perhaps it is the hardware issue you described.

Paul

CF2
Occasional Visitor
CF2
Message 9 of 9 (10,327 Views)

Hey,
Im From Chile, i bought a HP Pavilion Dm4 1165dx from Miami Last Week. From the beggining i have no problem on my internet conexion. But now, my internet falls down, every half an hour. I Already check the device manager, the updates, its all okay. Sometimes the network adapter disables, but i dont know why. The trobleshoot tells me that it can't identify the problem. So every time this happens, i have to restar the PC, and mostly, it stays paralized and have to pull out and in the battery, cause i cant shut down the pc.

Please i need help now!!!!!!!!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.