Screen Fades White, flickers, etc. Wireless constantly dropped. (77 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Ginny Lan
Message 1 of 2 (77 Views)

Screen Fades White, flickers, etc. Wireless constantly dropped.

Hi!

I've had a dV4155cl for like.... 9 months now and the problems are popping up by the dozen.

I've never dropped it, never treated it roughly, though it's been in book bag and gone to lectures with me etc.

Anyway, about a week ago I started noticing that the screen sometimes flickers/ goes black sometimes when I move the lid sometimes not - and it never lasts more than a few seconds. Called tech support told me to reinstall the driver.

... and then today the screen started fading to white. It'd come back within a minute (or as soon as I physically adjusted the screen but somehow that doesn't seem like a driver issue to me.

Also, does anyone else with this model frequently experience the wireless signal being dropped even when you're sitting WITHIN THREE FEET of the router?
Valued Contributor
CA1331751
Message 2 of 2 (77 Views)

Re: Screen Fades White, flickers, etc. Wireless constantly dropped.

Generally, if it changes when you move the contacts (via the top) it seems like a hardware problem (contacts), not software that drivers would solve. I would go back to HP support for service - making sure you CLEARLY specify what is happening in writing for the techs that will actually work on it.

Good luck
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.