Re: RAID setup on dv9623cl (26 Views)
Occasional Visitor
mhopper
Message 1 of 2 (26 Views)

RAID setup on dv9623cl

[ Edited ]

Hey All,
As I understand it this laptop should have mirroring enabled between the 2 drives that are in it. At least that's my assumption.

I had a hard drive fail and I bought an exact duplicate from NewEgg. The drive installs fine and shows up fine in the Device Manager but I'm not sure that it's working correctly. The HP Tech that helped me asked if I could log in and I told him I could and he said that it was working correctly. :)

I pulled the good drive (the original drive) and tried to boot up but I couldn't get past BIOS so I know the second drive isn't bootable. Should it be?

I went into BIOS to see if there were any settings for RAID but I didn't see any that seemed to deal with this issue.

While I was in BIOS I ran through the diagnostics and both hard drives and the memory came back fine.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards>Windows based to Notebook PCs - Pavilions, Presario. -HP Forum Moderator

Occasional Visitor
mhopper
Message 2 of 2 (26 Views)

Re: RAID setup on dv9623cl

I have decided to not use RAID and instead use the drive as additional storage.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.