Pavillion N5195 DOS Nic driver (69 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Eldon Wright
Message 1 of 2 (69 Views)

Pavillion N5195 DOS Nic driver

I have looked on the HP driver lists for a DOS driver (or built in NIC) driver for my N5195 running on XP and have not found anything that is stated to be explicitely for XP. The card in my notebook is an Accton 2242 and I have found various flavors of DOS drivers as a part of driver packages. Reason I am searching for a correct driver is that I am trying to use Ghost 2003 or Drive Magic 2002 to write to a mapped network drive through a LinkSys BEFSR41 Etherfast/DSL 4 switch router. So far I have come close but can no configuration can see the mapped network drive. HELP Please!
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Ron Kinner
Message 2 of 2 (69 Views)

Re: Pavillion N5195 DOS Nic driver

If I understand you correctly you can map the network drive in XP but when Ghost tries to see it it fails. I assume you've gone through the tutorial on Ghosting to a network drive at:

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/tutorial/ghost_2003/mapped_drive_ns.html

Perhaps it is having problems finding the ip address. I would try putting the server name and ip address in your ...etc/hosts file to be sure that it could find it.

Ron

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation