Pavilion dv9500 Nvidia 8600M GS Problems (210 Views)
Occasional Visitor
JR Ambrocio
Message 1 of 2 (210 Views)

Pavilion dv9500 Nvidia 8600M GS Problems

I basically cannot download the latest software and drivers for my video card (other than the ones on the HP site) and because of this, I cannot play Knights of the Old Republic 2. Also, when I connect the laptop to a HDTV, some parts of the screen do not fit in the tv (the task bar,, etc.)

Both of these problems could have been solved (that is what the other threads are saying) if I can download the beta drivers for my video card and if I can download the latest Forceware programs for my card. For some reason, even if it is supposed to be compatible with the card, whenever i download it, it doesn't recognize my card. Lastly Nvidia has posted that they cannot make the software for video cards of my type that have beeen slightly modified by HP. Because of this, I can only download the latest drivers from HP (which are very behind, considering what the Nvidia driver can already do.) I really hope this can be solved since using my HDTV as the monitor for my laptop is one of the biggest reasons why I wanted to buy this laptop. Please dont make me regret spending all my money on this
Occasional Advisor
Don Tope
Message 2 of 2 (210 Views)

Re: Pavilion dv9500 Nvidia 8600M GS Problems

Try deleting the adapter from device manager then instal just a plain vanilla VGA adaptor. reboot then attempt to install the new driver. Sometimes this works but not always.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.