Re: Internal WEBCAM and Microphone don't work anymore (396 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Matte87
Message 1 of 3 (456 Views)

Internal WEBCAM and Microphone dont work anymore

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I am experiencing a strage problem with my dv6-7267ez. After months using without problems internal Webcam and Microphone, now they dont work anymore. With any webcam software ( skype, cyberlink camera..) the camera is not detected. However, microphone is detected by the system and no sound is picked up, while the camera is not detected at all.

Can it be a windows 8 update? What can I try to solve the problem?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. This trhead has been moevd from Photo Systems to Notebook PCs - Pavilions, Presario. - HP Forum Moderator

Occasional Visitor
Matte87
Message 2 of 3 (412 Views)

Re: Internal WEBCAM and Microphone dont work anymore

Hello,

I tried to look for new devices in Device Manager, restart the PC, re-install the drivers, re-install You cam. Webcam and internal microphone still dont working. At this point I am afraid that this is an hardware problem. Do webcam and internal microphone share the same cable on the screen side? Should I send the laptop for assistance?

Last question: is this forum visited only by motivated and expert ho customers or there is also something like an official support helping people?

Regards

Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 3 of 3 (396 Views)

Re: Internal WEBCAM and Microphone don't work anymore

>there is also something like an official support helping people?

Have you tried contacting the HPSC?
http://www.hp.com/go/hpsc

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.