Re: Help with driver re-install or recovery disk (110 Views)
Frequent Visitor
Deejay11
Message 1 of 4 (178 Views)

Help with driver re-install or recovery disk

[ Edited ]

Hello, 

I have a  HP Pavilion dv7-6b63us Entertainment Notebook PC and lately when I turn on my computer certain drivers will not install and my computer is constantly working to try and get going. I have tried using Hp recovery to help me re-install the drivers but no luck. I have also downloaded them directly from the site for my notebook, again no luck. 

I have thought about reformatting my laptop and have already backed up all my data, except I can not seem to find my reformat disk. Does anyone know where I can get this from again? or if there is another route I can take. 

The drivers that will not install are: (64-bit)

Intel Graphics Driver (Vrs 8.15.10.2291)

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver (Vrs 10.1.2.1004)

Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver (Vrs 4.3.118.0)

HP Protectsmart Hard Drive Protection (Vrs 4.1.10.1)

HP Support Assistant (Vrs HSPA_6.1.12.1)

IDT Audio Driver (Vrs 6.10.6381.0)

IDT Audio Driver (Vrs 6.10.6418.0)

Thank you. 

P.S. This thread has been moved from Your Questions Regarding ITRC Forums (Legacy ITRC forum) to Notebook PCs - Pavilions, Presario. - Hp Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
RE051ST
Message 2 of 4 (137 Views)

Re: Help with driver re-install or recovery disk

Dee.

Your drivers here.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5197...

Recovery Kit here.

https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/mediaOrder?softwareitem=671627-001&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&pr...

REO

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Low flying aircraft the sound of freedom.
Please use plain text.
Frequent Visitor
Deejay11
Message 3 of 4 (126 Views)

I have already visited the page with the drivers. Unfortunately, they will not correctly install. I may have to do a system recovery but at the moment I cant spend the money to have the disks re-ordered. Is there anything I can do to get the drivers to install? 

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Cheryl G.
Message 4 of 4 (110 Views)

Try a Recovery from the hard drive partition- using F11 key immediately after powering on the laptop.

``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation