Re: Help with driver re-install or recovery disk (164 Views)
Frequent Visitor
Deejay11
Message 1 of 4 (232 Views)

Help with driver re-install or recovery disk

[ Edited ]

Hello, 

I have a  HP Pavilion dv7-6b63us Entertainment Notebook PC and lately when I turn on my computer certain drivers will not install and my computer is constantly working to try and get going. I have tried using Hp recovery to help me re-install the drivers but no luck. I have also downloaded them directly from the site for my notebook, again no luck. 

I have thought about reformatting my laptop and have already backed up all my data, except I can not seem to find my reformat disk. Does anyone know where I can get this from again? or if there is another route I can take. 

The drivers that will not install are: (64-bit)

Intel Graphics Driver (Vrs 8.15.10.2291)

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver (Vrs 10.1.2.1004)

Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver (Vrs 4.3.118.0)

HP Protectsmart Hard Drive Protection (Vrs 4.1.10.1)

HP Support Assistant (Vrs HSPA_6.1.12.1)

IDT Audio Driver (Vrs 6.10.6381.0)

IDT Audio Driver (Vrs 6.10.6418.0)

Thank you. 

P.S. This thread has been moved from Your Questions Regarding ITRC Forums (Legacy ITRC forum) to Notebook PCs - Pavilions, Presario. - Hp Forum Moderator

Frequent Advisor
RE051ST
Message 2 of 4 (191 Views)

Re: Help with driver re-install or recovery disk

Dee.

Your drivers here.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5197...

Recovery Kit here.

https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/mediaOrder?softwareitem=671627-001&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&pr...

REO

We at the HP forum try to make your HP experience the best.

****Click the Thumbs up to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

HP Expert Tester "Now testing HP Pavilion 15t i3-4030U Win8.1, 6GB RAM and 750GB HDD"
Microsoft Registered Refurbisher
Registered Microsoft Partner
Apple Certified Macintosh Technician Certification in progress. .
Frequent Visitor
Deejay11
Message 3 of 4 (180 Views)

I have already visited the page with the drivers. Unfortunately, they will not correctly install. I may have to do a system recovery but at the moment I cant spend the money to have the disks re-ordered. Is there anything I can do to get the drivers to install? 

Acclaimed Contributor
Cheryl G.
Message 4 of 4 (164 Views)

Try a Recovery from the hard drive partition- using F11 key immediately after powering on the laptop.

``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.