HP Pavilion ze4325us Battery not recognized (160 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Michael Denemy
Message 1 of 5 (160 Views)

HP Pavilion ze4325us Battery not recognized

Hello everyone,
I recently received an HP Pavilion ze4325us laptop from a friend.
The thing I have a problem with though is the battery. The computer only powers up when it is plugged into the wall. I looked into the battery settings and noticed that the laptop doesn't even recognize a battery when the battery is clearly in the slot correctly.
I was just curious to see if anyone knew what I could do about this problem.
Thanks
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Steve Huffer
Message 2 of 5 (160 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion ze4325us Battery not recognized

Buy a new battery. The old one is so dead it does not even register. If you are trying to keep the cost as low as possible these Chinese batteries on eBay are not too bad, but I would not put one in a new machine:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-4400mAH-Battery-For-HP-F4809A-F4812A-ZE4000-ZE5000_W0QQitemZ310062884322QQih...

For $45 including shipping it is hard to go wrong.
"When you hear hoofbeats think horses, not zebras"
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Michael Denemy
Message 3 of 5 (160 Views)

So you believe that would fix my problem Steve?
I just found out from the person who gave it to me that the battery had stopped working after the original owner had dropped the laptop with the battery in it. Does this change anything?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Steve Huffer
Message 4 of 5 (160 Views)

Quite likely. The Catch 22 is that you need either a known good battery or a known good ze4000 laptop to diagnose whether the laptop can use even a good battery. The battery connector on the motherboard may have gotten broken in the drop in which case buying a new battery would be a waste of money.
"When you hear hoofbeats think horses, not zebras"
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Michael Denemy
Message 5 of 5 (160 Views)

Exactly. That was what I was afraid of. Unfortunately I can't think of anyone that owns that type of laptop. I'll be on the look out for that I suppose.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation