HP DV9890EA Webcam Prob (Not the usual one) (22 Views)
Occasional Visitor
crea2k
Message 1 of 1 (22 Views)

HP DV9890EA Webcam Prob (Not the usual one)

[ Edited ]

Hi, im having a problem with the webcam on my DV9890EA, you put it on and for about a min its fine then it goes all weird on you, all I can describe it as it when you have a tv and its got no signal, just like a fuzzy mess of nothing, then the pic comes back then this fuzzy mess again and it does this constanly every 5 seconds, so if your ever talking to anyone on the internet or recording video it you get 4-5 seconds of video then fuzzy nothing for a second or 2 then video again for 5 secs then fuzzy nothing again.

So far I have tried the following and none seems to fix the prob.

Rolled back the driver

Updated the driver

Removed the driver and re installed the driver

Updated to Vista SP1

Re installed vista off the recovery partition

Tried using a PE disk with windows xp on it, to temp boot into xp off the cd to test the webcam....it does exactly the same on xp too.

Have tried using quickplay and it does the same in that too.

Also tried using the cyberlink youcam and it does the same in that.

So now its prob one of 3 things.... Either the firmware on the camera is dodgy, dont know if there is any updates, as I cant see any on the driver section ?.

Or the camera itself is broken / the laptop itself (only a month and a half old).

Or something to do with the bios, but there is also no bios update in drivers etc either.

Anyone any ideas on this one ?.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards>Windows based to Notebook PCs - Pavilions, Presario. -HP Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation