Drivers for Graphics and Audio for Compaq V6500 (2833 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Remakanth
Message 1 of 5 (2,833 Views)

Drivers for Graphics and Audio for Compaq V6500

Hello,

I need the graphics drivers and audio drivers for my compaq presario v6500. part# GX8867PA#ACJ.I have downgraded from Vista to XP.The configuration for this is AMD Turion 64Bit. Please help me out..thanks

Remakanth
Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Cheryl G.
Message 2 of 5 (2,833 Views)

Re: Drivers for Graphics and Audio for Compaq V6500

[ Edited ]

Jonah's guide : HERE 

OR>>> PART 2 of XP Downgrade Guide HERE

``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Kathirveld
Message 3 of 5 (2,830 Views)

Thx...The mentioned method worked. I also want to know, how to install driver for COPROCESSOR. The model is HP Compaq Presario V6508AU.

Thx in advance

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 4 of 5 (2,817 Views)

Hi:

I believe there may be a chipset driver missing. I recommend you go to the NVIDIA website below and have it automatically scan your PC for missing drivers.

Select Option 2 "Motherboards Drivers" gray button, and hopeully it will find the missing driver for you.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Here is some info on why you may be getting this missing coprocessor device. This is for an HP notebook with the Nvidia NForce graphics adapter however, but I'm sure the theory still applies. However, I wouldn't attempt to download and install the NForce chipset driver to fix your problem. Do so at your own risk. Try to let the Nvidia website scan locate the proper driver for you beofre you experiment further.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01409234&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=&product=65238

Paul

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Cheryl G.
Message 5 of 5 (2,774 Views)

Nvidia Chipset,install and on reboot choose the option to install ONLY the drivers_no mediashield:

``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation