Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the MEDIA device for the driver (27499 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Limani V
Message 1 of 28 (27,499 Views)
Accepted Solution

Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the MEDIA device for the driver

I recently formatted my HP Pavilion dv2000 dv2214tu notebook and installed Windows XP. I installed all the drivers for xp but i was unable to install audio driver for it. I have downloaded Conexant sp35682 audio dirver for windows xp and Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio sp33566 package and installed them but still i receive this message:- "Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the MEDIA device for the driver ". I searched hp forums and i found that i have to update windows xp sp2 but particularly what to update is not mentioned over there. please help to solve this problem.
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Rakhmad Siregar
Message 2 of 28 (27,499 Views)

Re: Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the MEDIA device for the driver

Hi Limani V,

You need to check the instalation of UAA, sometimes the instalation is not completed.

Find the yellow mark icon in your device manager, look inside the system device.
If you find PCI device with yellow mark icon, delete it, and scan for hardware changes (use the shortcut icon or click action from pulldown menu), it will scan and found MS UAA Bus Driver for HD audio.

After that you can install your audio and modem driver.

Regards,
Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Cheryl G.
Message 3 of 28 (27,499 Views)

Try>>MS UAA Hotfix(reboot after):

http://www.mediafire.com/?4ben9zlesng

If still no sound,check in Device Manager under System Devices to see if MS UAA installed properly.

There should be a listing for Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio.

If not,you should have a PCI with yellow!.Right click it and Update Driver,No to Connect,No to Search and last Install Automatically.

Reboot to check status.

``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Rakhmad Siregar
Message 4 of 28 (27,664 Views)

Limani V,

By assumming the instalation of MS-UAA is done, use "force method" to install your sound driver. As point out by Cheryl G.
here:
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1195531

Regards,

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Limani V
Message 5 of 28 (27,664 Views)

Thanks Buddies,the solution worked as mentioned by cheryl.
I can play sounds from my audio devices. Thanks a lot, i was at it from last 2 and half days and i was about to throw my notebook as i was so frustrated finding solution for this. Again thanks a lot.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Limani V
Message 6 of 28 (27,664 Views)

Got it dear, i will not start any new thread from now on
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Limani V
Message 7 of 28 (27,664 Views)

What is this points strategy, how can i use it?
Please use plain text.
Vajith V
Message 8 of 28 (27,664 Views)

Hi Limani,

Only the question author, (here, you) can assign points to a given response. If you submit a question or new topic and another member replies to it, you will see a dropdown menu of points next to the reply (you must be logged in to see the menu). Select the point value and then click the 'Submit Points' button. Note that you can rate multiple replies and submit them at one time.

For more information on the assigning points, refer to the following link: http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#33

Regards,
Vajith
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Milandeep Singh
Message 9 of 28 (27,664 Views)

hey im having the same problem with my laptop, i have a dv5250ca hp pavilion, i tried to do this thing u did, n it worked it showed my driver, but then my driver still didnt work, do i need to install the UAA bus thing first? n then install the HD audio driver after...or maybe i downloaded the wrong one, im not sure, can some1 help me
Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Cheryl G.
Message 10 of 28 (27,664 Views)

Milandeep Singh

Are you using your audio driver posted here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3201093〈=en
``````````````````````
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Milandeep Singh
Message 11 of 28 (27,046 Views)

i get the same problem,
Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the MEDIA device for the driver
i just installed XP Pro again, n i have a HP Pavilion dv5250ca, i even downloaded the drivers of the driver page for my laptop, the UAA bus driver and the conexant driver too and i cant get my audio to work, i dont no why, and i also get this error at the beginnin when my laptop loads saying that
Media device failure, n then it exits the intel boot or w.e it is...i also have SATA native support and its disabled in my setup, when i enable it, my laptop doesnt start up, but if its disabled it will start up. does that have nethin to do with it? sigh, i have been having this problem for so long, i can never get my sound to work, can some1 plz help meee
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Milandeep Singh
Message 12 of 28 (27,046 Views)

yes i did use that one
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Milandeep Singh
Message 13 of 28 (27,046 Views)

sry at the beginning of my boot it says Media test failure, intel exiting boot agent
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Rakhmad Siregar
Message 14 of 28 (27,046 Views)

Milandeep Singh,

It would great if you post your product number so that Cheryl G. recommend you the proper driver :)

About your sata problem, you still can enabling SATA native mode after XP Installation.

This blog can help you:
http://mytechweblog.blogspot.com/2007/10/enabling-sata-native-mode-after-xp.html.

Regards,
Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Cheryl G.
Message 15 of 28 (27,046 Views)

Milandeep Singh

The Conexant driver extracted to a folder,force install using Device Manager.

Device Manager>Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus

Right click, Update Driver

Say "no, not at this time" for connecting to Windows Update

Install from a list or specific location

Don't search I will choose the driver to install

For the Hardware Type select 'Show All Devices'

Remove the check from "Show Compatible Hardware" and click on "Have Disk"

Next...browse to C:\Swsetup\sp33443

Choose the "inf" and Ignore XP when it complains.
``````````````````````
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Milandeep Singh
Message 16 of 28 (27,046 Views)

ok so i tried to do what cheryl said and the driver still didnt work

Product Number: EZ410UA#ABL
hp pavilion dv5250ca, Windows XP Professional...

in device manager, under sound i only have a few things ther, Legacy Video Capture Devices, Media Control Devices and Video Codecs...does this mean anything? even when i use the force method, it tells me that the device cannot start, how come it cant start? would it be better if i formatted again and installed xp pro again? and then try to do it? i duno how to fix this problem :(
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Milandeep Singh
Message 17 of 28 (27,046 Views)

Product Number: EZ410UA#ABL
hp pavilion dv5250ca, Windows XP Professional...

hi i just reformated again and now its clean and i still dont see this UAA bus driver...in device manager, under sound i only have a few things ther, Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Legacy Video Capture Devices, Media Control Devices and Video Codecs...does this mean anything? ok so i dont have the UAA bus driver even showing in my sound settings, and i did install that driver first and then i used the hotfix and then i used the Conexant HD audio driver and it still doesnt work, it keeps sayin no media device found...how am i gonna force method it if the driver with the yellow isnt ther, can some1 plz help me out, i've been tryin to fix this problem for over 2 months now....
Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Cheryl G.
Message 18 of 28 (27,046 Views)

Check in Device Manager under "System Devices" to see if MS UAA installed properly.

There should be a listing for Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio.

If not_you should have a PCI with yellow!.Right click it and Update Driver,No to Connect,No to Search and last Install Automatically.
Reboot to check status.
``````````````````````
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Milandeep Singh
Message 19 of 28 (27,046 Views)

ok so i checked under system devices ther is no UAA bus thing ther, and also i dont see and Yellow with PCI beside it, the only Yellow that i have up are HP Integrated Module, SM Bus Controller, and an Unknown Device
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Bhat Vivek
Message 20 of 28 (27,046 Views)

Hi Cheryl G

I am facing the same problem which majority of the posters are facing. I removed the Vista home edition from Compaq Pressario V6218 TU model and installed XP Pro. Now I am not able to hear any sounds from my laptop. When I open "Sound and Audio Devices" from my control panel, its says "No Audio Device". I tried to install "sp33443" but the OS gave me an error "Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the MEDIA device for this driver". I am also attaching the snapshot of my Device Manager. Please let me know if any body can help me.

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Terry Prins
Message 21 of 28 (27,848 Views)

I HAVE THE SOLUTION!

Hi everyone. I installed Vista recently and installed all the drivers on my HP laptop. Everything worked fine. But when I switched back to XP, the audio driver didnt work. I tried all the steps, but nothing worked. I called tech support, but they couldnt help. They told me to switch back to vista because the vista drivers work, not happening.

I found the solution. I use an HP Pavilion dv6000 PC, and the driver for "Conexant High Definition Audio Driver" got the error message "Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the MEDIA device for the driver" whenever i tried to install it. Most people had the same problem. Dont worry, its not you. Its HP's problem. Most recent drivers for audio are CORRUPT. To get it to work, next to my driver under the "Previous" column i clicked the "Version" link. I chose an older driver version. When i ran the outdated driver, it worked! TRY IT IT MAY HELP YOU!!!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Stacye Terry
Message 22 of 28 (27,848 Views)

I was having the same issues with my HP DV6000 (No Media Driver Found) - which meant my Mic wasn't working. So, I was following some advice by Cheryl .. I opened my device manager, went into the Conexant High Definition Properties, then clicked on the Driver tab .. here I selected to "Roll Back Driver" .. and upon completion, my mic is working properly!

The updated files were corrupt.

Thanks so much for posting some suggestions to fix these errors! =)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
AkiraOkeito
Message 23 of 28 (27,809 Views)

hey... when i used ur link. An error message comes up and say "not enough storage is available to process this command". And so it does not install. Is there another way i can get a media device, or is there another way to get pass this?

Thanks 

Akira

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
AkiraOkeito
Message 24 of 28 (27,808 Views)

Oh... i hav HP Pavilion dv2810us and currently runnin windows 7. The link i mentioned was the link Cheryl suggested.

akira

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
mirchinamak
Message 25 of 28 (25,787 Views)

It is really very big help for me i was abnormal from last 48 hours without sound in my dv214tu , but with the help of your instructions i solved it in a pintch thanks a lot for such a big help.

i have a one more problem with my laptop dv2214tu it get shutdown first after using 30 to 60 minutes and also get restart after 10 minutes of shutdown buddy will u point out what is the problem and what's the soulution for this.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation