Re: DV9700 Vista to XP (1249 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Craig Forshee
Message 1 of 5 (1,299 Views)

DV9700 Vista to XP

[ Edited ]

I downgraded from Vista to XP without making the backup CDs, and tried all of the options that I could find. I can't get the sound driver or the graphics driver to work even after following the instructions on other threads. Any advice or instructions to get it to work would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Model #
dv9700
P/N
KN876UA#ABA

(S/N deleted by forum staff for privacy/security reasons)

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Cheryl G.
Message 2 of 5 (1,299 Views)

Re: DV9700 Vista to XP

Jonah's guide:

http://www.fastfs.com/help_pages/hp%20downgrade.htm
``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Cheryl G.
Message 3 of 5 (1,294 Views)

Happy to see the forum is back up and running,now on the new server. Hopefully you have your laptop at 100% by now with drivers from Jonah's guide.

``````````````````````
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Craig Forshee
Message 4 of 5 (1,249 Views)

Cheryl G,

I finally got around to it yesterday, and it worked great!!  I guess I did something wrong the first time I was at that page.  Thanks for your help!!

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Cheryl G.
Message 5 of 5 (1,216 Views)

You're welcome,happy to hear it is working now.

Once you have XP running well with all drivers installed, make an Image of hdd_to easily  restore later if needed_no more driver searches.I have been using Macrium  and it is very good. Paragon is also highly rated.Both_free!

Will backup to external USB hdd, CD/DVD, network drive,etc. Also creates a bootable cd to boot from and restore your entire OS ,programs and files in the event of problems.

Macrium Reflect HERE

Create an Image   Restore an Image

Paragon software HERE

Video HERE
``````````````````````
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation