Re: DV9500 laptop, no display, motherboard failure (603 Views)
Collector
jinishans
Message 101 of 103 (686 Views)

Re: DV9500 laptop, no display, motherboard failure

I bought in 2007, got 1 yr war. Several parts gone before 1st yr. extended 2nd yr. mboard, lcd, panel all gone. battery, keyboard replaced. wifi gone. all covered as it was before 2nd yr. now, few days back, it's almost 4th yr, system was slow. i reinstalled vista sp2, updated one by one updates from hp site for dv9500t. BIOS update was one of that. i updated, it took backup, updated the BIOS, asked for reboot. Boom, not coming back. no display now. blue lights on, hdd on, cd on, sd card on, but no display. display was an issue for quite some time. red lines comes and goes for the last 1 yr. i gave it to bestbuy geeksquard, they say mother board gone. not sure how hp's own BIOS update s/w scred up. i sent a mail to the New CEO, thru the link in this fourm. going to call hp also. this display problem is there since almost 3rd month of purchase. never gone. during the 1st 2 yrs itself, several times display wont come, again it'll come if we power off and on again. almost they replaced lcd, mboard, and lot of other spares in 2 yrs within my warranty. but how come their own update can fail them. they should fix and give free of cost, or give free replacement laptop for all 9500t customers.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
greenturtle
Message 102 of 103 (603 Views)

I have the sane problems with my laptop. A repair person told me that HP knows they have diffective motherboards but how do you get them to replace yours free. I want to replace mine on my own but I haven't found any that I can afford. If anyone knows where I can buy it resonable, let me know ai my e address-----

anen15@aol.com

Thanks, Greenturtle

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
johnlac
Message 103 of 103 (91 Views)

I have the same display problem. Can I fix it by using an external video card?

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation