DV7-1245 wireless connection not working - other computers can (131 Views)
Occasional Contributor
joyfule
Message 1 of 3 (131 Views)

DV7-1245 wireless connection not working - other computers can

I have a DV7-1245dx laptop.  It has an Atheros AR5007 802.11 b/g wireless card.  Windows Vista (recently reset to factory and fully updated)

PROBLEM: I can NOT connect this laptop wirelessly at my home (though my other computers can)

I CAN connect this laptop to internet with an ethernet cable (LAN); I CAN connect other laptops to my home router; and I CAN connect wirelessly with this laptop at one friend's house but not another.

I have tried the internal repair/diagnostic software, I have the current driver. 

The computer map shows I am connected to an "unidentified network" but is NOT connected to the internet. 

All the sharing/discovery switches are "on". 

I've disabled and enabled the internal device, unplugged and replugged in the router, verified the password.

The signal strengh says "excellent"

Access says "local only"

The network is "private"

By the way, when I click on network folder, it won't let met see the public one - if that makes any difference.

How can I get this laptop to connect wirelessly?  Is this related to not seeing other computers on a network?  Thanks.

HP Pro
shtce
Message 2 of 3 (123 Views)

Re: DV7-1245 wireless connection not working - other computers can

Looks like your computer has conntected to the router but not internet.

Have you turned on DHCP on your computer?

====================================================
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
====================================================

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
HP Pro
Zhazhens
Message 3 of 3 (118 Views)

Re: DV7-1245 wireless connection not working - other computers can

Hello:

it is obvious that your WLAN card connected with router and router don't route the internet with your WLAN card.
1) please run diagnostic on WLAN card connection. right click on the icon of card and select diagnostic.
2) check WLAN adaptor property, in IP setting, make sure DHCP is enable, not use fixed IP address.
3) check router setting, you may reset router setting to default. usually router has a small button of "reset". after reset, you may again to configure the router.
4) if you don't know how to do, then call HP 800 phone to online support or ask a friend to help. For network issue some times complicated to address by words.

I work for HP.
If you like my reply, please click "Kudos"
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.