Compaq presario cq56-104sa wont start up, no lights, nothing! (860 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Hillary
Message 1 of 1 (860 Views)

Compaq presario cq56-104sa wont start up, no lights, nothing!

[ Edited ]

Hello all, I recently got myself a compaq presario cq56-104sa running Windows7 home premium brand new. My problems started a few days ago when the pc started freezing up after I had downloaded a program. So naturally I decided to uninstall the programme, but that did not change anything. So I decided to do a system restore using a dated restore point. During the restore the screen flickered black and white for a while, which I thought was odd but I left it to complete the restore, but it didnt. I left overnight and it did not complete the restore it was running the fans and showing it was running but the screen was blank so I decided to switch it off. But when I tried to turn it on , it beeped for a while and nothing on the screen, but I could see it was on. So I switched it off again and heard it startup without anything on the screen. So I hooked up to an external screen using vga cable and it worked. Tried to login to windows, but it kept telling me I have entered the wrong password, so I did a hard reset. After that tried to start up and it beeped for a while and then it started up with blank screen. Used the external screen again and I still couldnt login. Then finally used the onscreen keyboard and that worked. Found out that the keyboard was not inputing correctly. Tried to change the screen output to default but no luck on that either. So i decided to restore to factory settings but that did not change anything. At that point i just left it overnight again after removing battery and power supply. When i tried to start it up again the next day nothing, no power, no lights, nothing. Tried a hard reset but it is just dead. Any advice, or any possible thoughts as to what happened. Thanks.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Notebook PCs - Pavilions, Presario. - Hp Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation