Compaq C793TU Wifi Button wont turn Blue but can detect wireless network Help! (235 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Allan Kevin Lim
Message 1 of 3 (235 Views)
Accepted Solution

Compaq C793TU Wifi Button wont turn Blue but can detect wireless network Help!

Hi Guys,

I have a problem on my laptop Compaq C793TU. The wifi Button wont turn Blue. But it can detect wireless networks. Can anyone help me on this.

THanks and Regards,
Allan Kevin
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
lim kwang
Message 2 of 3 (235 Views)

Re: Compaq C793TU Wifi Button wont turn Blue but can detect wireless network Help!

It's all about some trick with Registry Editor.

Here's some step to solve it.

1. Press "start" then select "run" and key in "regedit" that will open the Registry Editor.

2. Go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318}/

3. Right click the folder {4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002bE10318} and choose "Find" then key in "Atheros"

Now this will most likely vary on your machine. I found it in the "0011" folder.

4. Once you locate it, add new string value to that folder. Right Click then select "new" then "String Value"

Name the first "String Value" that you created as "gpioPinFunc0" press enter. Right click it again and then select "Modify". Key in "3" in the "Value Data"

it should look something like this:

Value Name:
gpioPinFunc0
Value data:

5. Create another "String Value" with this values:

Value Name:
gpioFunc0ActHi
Value data:

6. Close the Registry and restart your computer.

Now, your wifi light will turn blue when you turn on and it will turn blue when you turn it off by pressing the wifi button.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Allan Kevin Lim
Message 3 of 3 (235 Views)

Re: Compaq C793TU Wifi Button wont turn Blue but can detect wireless network Help!

Thanks! Its working now. :)

Regards,
Allan Kevin Lim
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation