ATI/AMD MOBILITY RADEON HD 6770M DRIVER FOR WINDOWS 8 IS NOT WORKING IN WINDOWS (709 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Ducky1
Message 1 of 1 (709 Views)

ATI/AMD MOBILITY RADEON HD 6770M DRIVER FOR WINDOWS 8 IS NOT WORKING IN WINDOWS

Seems that HP is not able to provide support for laptops with dual graphics onboard yet, I own a DV7-6B30ED and got similar problems as other people with a DV5,6 or 7 series laptop with dual graphics onboard.

The HD6770M seems to be a OEM card made for HP, thus the general drivers from AMD will not work, (contacted AMD about it and they told me to obtain the drivers for WIN8 from HP, but there are NO! WIN8 drivers yet.

This conclusion is supported by the fact that the driver update programm from ATI/AMD when run, advises to contact the manufacturer of the laptop.

Been in contact with Microsoft (30 days support for Win8 when bought) and they stated that the what is called a "BANG" or question mark in Win8 is caused by the lack of proper drivers for the card. 

Tried several options:

Win7 64 bit drivers from HP will not work (from HP support website, selected by model)

AMD general drivers will not work (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_win8-64.aspx )

Removing drivers and boot up will not help (hoped that Win8 would install correct drivers by itself)

Contacted HP support Netherlands, and they told me that they asked/made inquiries at HP USA to publish win8 drivers, but were told that even HP USA themselve are were not able to tell when proper WIN8 drivers for supported models will be released.

So remaining question:  when will HP release the Win8 drivers???

Regards,

A to this point unsatisfied Win8 user

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.