09-03-2008 04:27 AM
I am running on a Dv5 1002nr
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-03-2008 05:17 AM
09-04-2008 07:13 AM
sorry to tell you that I'd the same problem with an old laptop with the same model version you havre and after i'd changed the Chipset from intel centrino into AMD it worked
09-07-2008 06:05 AM
AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobil RM-70 2.00 GHz
Still no success with this one anyone?
09-07-2008 08:59 AM
09-22-2008 07:28 AM
What I found was you need TWO drivers at the F6 stage in the Windows XP setup, in our case:
"Intel(R) 631xESB/632xESB SATA RAID Controller (Server/Workstation ESB2)"
"Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver" download
"LSI Logic PCI Fusion-MPT Driver (XP 32-bit)"
"LSI Logic PCI Fusion-MPT Miniport Driver"
You need to copy these all onto one floopy disk (or use a product like nLite) - DON'T overwrite the txtsetup.oem file. You need to merge these files together (doesn't take too much to see how these go together).
Once you've done that, you can then select both drivers at the "F6" point in the installation and away you go...
Hope this helps someone else (took me 6 hours to get this working!!!!)
09-22-2008 01:16 PM
If passes then please instal the SATA drivers proerly while installing the XP.
== download the SATA driver:
1. Download the SoftPaq .EXE file to a directory on your hard drive.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.A diskette containing the driver is created, and the driver files are also made available at c:\swsetup\sp37005. If you choose to cancel diskette creation, you will need to copy the driver files to the chosen media like Floppy or CD-DVD drive.
To use the diskette during a new operating system installation, complete the following steps (choose the procedure that matches the operating system you are running).
Installation Instructions for Win XP:
NOTE: A USB diskette (floppy) drive is required to use this driver. If an external USB diskette drive is used, ensure that it is plugged into the system before starting Step 1.
1. Insert the operating system CD, and Power On the notebook to boot from the CD.
2. At the very beginning of the operating system installation, the following prompt is displayed at the bottom of the screen:
"Press F6 if you need to install a SCSI or RAID driver...."
When the prompt is displayed, press F6.
3. Later in the operating system installation, you are notified that a mass storage device could not be detected. When this notification occurs, press S (S=Specify Additional Device).
4. When prompted, insert the diskette that was created from the SoftPaq file, and then press Enter.
5. Select "Intel 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller (Mobile ICH8M-E/M)" and press Enter.
NOTE: At this point, the following prompt MAY be displayed, depending on the version of your operating system CD. If the prompt is displayed, press Enter to use the default Windows driver and continue, if it is not displayed, continue with Step 6. The prompt reads as follows:
Windows already has a driver that you can use for "Intel 82801HEM/HBM SATA AHCI Controller (Mobile ICH8M-E/M)".
Unless the device manufacturer prefers that you use the driver on the floppy disk, you should use the driver in Windows.
S=use the driver on floppy ENTER=use the default Windows driver
6. Continue with the operating system installation, as prompted.
NOTE: If a problem is encountered when using the external USB floppy drive, refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 916196: "A connected USB floppy disk drive does not work when you press F6 to install mass storage drivers during the Windows XP installation process."
05-30-2009 01:36 AM
09-15-2009 11:23 AM
These is for the AMD AHCI driver. Otherwise go to BIOS and switch to IDE mode.