Re: How to recover/transfer programs stored in a hard disk to a new hard disk/system (129 Views)
Occasional Contributor
ejimsclaudio
Message 1 of 3 (154 Views)

How to recover/transfer programs stored in a hard disk to a new hard disk/system

[ Edited ]

I have an HP note book (Pavilion dm4) that is malfunctioning and extremely slow. I have reinstalled same operating system (Windows 7 Home Premium) in another system and now facing the challenge of transferring/migrating all the data including programs installed in the old system (hard disk) to the new one.

Please how do I resolve this issue?

Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moved from  Community Feedback & Suggestions to Notebook PCs - Pavilions, Presario. -HP Forum Moderator

Acclaimed Contributor
Cheryl G.
Message 2 of 3 (129 Views)

Re: How to recover/transfer programs stored in a hard disk to a new hard disk/system

Moving files ,photos, etc can be accomplished with something like Windows Easy Transfer:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/windows-easy-transfer

Moving Programs is another scenario. Without commercial software ,you will have to install them on a new hard drive since simply moving them does not work.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-to-move-programs-to-a-new-pc-with-ease/

``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
Honored Contributor
John Y
Message 3 of 3 (105 Views)

Re: How to recover/transfer programs stored in a hard disk to a new hard disk/system

As Cheryl said above, I have tried the (Windows Easy Transfer) for a friend, and it is fairly user friendly. Just my 2-cents.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.