Re: HP dv7 Pavilion Notebook overheating (159 Views)
Occasional Visitor
HappyinWA
Message 1 of 2 (192 Views)

HP dv7 Pavilion Notebook overheating

[ Edited ]

Sorry, I'm new to this and couldn't find a place to start a new post.

Anyway, I have an HP dv7 Pavilion Notebook, product # A1L83AV,  and it's overheating.  It was overheating a while back, then I got some kind of an update through HP and it ran a lot cooler.  Now it's starting to overheat again.  There's nothing blocking the vents.  Can anyone give me an idea of what to do?  It' throws enough heat on the left side to make it uncomfortable on my leg even though I have it setting on a lapdesk.  Thanks.

P.S. This post has been split off from other thread to Notebook PCs - Pavilions, Presario, and edited its subject. - HP Forum Moderator

Acclaimed Contributor
Cheryl G.
Message 2 of 2 (159 Views)

Re: HP dv7 Pavilion Notebook overheating

Pick up a can of compressed air and use the tiny "straw" attached to the can to blow out all vents/ports/openings to ensure good airflow through the case. You might also consider a laptop cooling pad with fan-if you haven't as yet.

``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.