Re: HP Pavillion dv6617tx Webcam Issues?? Please Help !! (71 Views)
Frequent Advisor
tripper91
Message 1 of 3 (71 Views)

HP Pavillion dv6617tx Webcam Issues?? Please Help !!

[ Edited ]

Ok

about 3 months ago everything was sweet when i first tried using the inbuilt 1.3mp camera its got and i recorded some video with audio in QP and took some shots in YouCam. Monday, i try using it again in QP and i cant find where it is. Long story short it comes up as an Unknown device in "Device Manager". Ive found hundreds of articles on the net about it, tried installing those acer drivers, did a full system restore. But still, it doesnt work !!!
I looked on the HP Support & drivers section and there was none for this model of notebook. Also downloaded some drivers from a few different HP notebooks and still no success. Found the usbvideo.sys driver in the system32 driverstore and tried that. It said it wasnt compatible with x64 system.
Very very frusterating, please Help!
Thanks in advance !

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Notebook PCs - Pavilions, Presario. - Hp Forum moderator

Valued Contributor
Aaron Wolski
Message 2 of 3 (71 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion dv6617tx Webcam Issues?? Please Help !!

Sorry, which operating system?
Frequent Advisor
tripper91
Message 3 of 3 (71 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion dv6617tx Webcam Issues?? Please Help !!

soz, Vista x64 (damm vista)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.