HP PAVILLION ZD 2000 LAPTOP DRIVER SOFTWARE FOR WINDOWS 2000 (481 Views)
Occasional Visitor
feroz khan
Message 1 of 2 (481 Views)

HP PAVILLION ZD 2000 LAPTOP DRIVER SOFTWARE FOR WINDOWS 2000

Hi,
I just bought an used laptop from some one . He sold me the laptop minus the Hard Drive . Now I have bought a new Hard Drive and New Windows 2000 Professional ( as I dont like Windows XP) . Now I amr eady to install the HD and the OS on it. My question is how can I know what are the hardwares like Audio/ Video/ DVD used in the laptop . And where to get the correct drivers for them . I visited the HP ZD Driver site. It lists bunch of drivers for XP but only 2 or 3 for the Win 2000. Can some one guide me to the right direction for the driver softwares. Thanks in advance . Replay to me if you have some solutions .
Honored Contributor
Steve Huffer
Message 2 of 2 (481 Views)

Re: HP PAVILLION ZD 2000 LAPTOP DRIVER SOFTWARE FOR WINDOWS 2000

Do you mean a ZD7000? How about the exact model number? Also you can google the model number and add the word Linux. Find somebody who has posted a how to on installing Linux on your laptop and they will invariably have identified the hardware specifically by manufacturer and chip id. Then you can just go to the manufacturer site and get the driver (or driverguide.com or similar site). As somebody who has installed lots of Windows 2000 and Windows XP systems, I can say I used to share your feeling but now I believe XP, and particularly XP Pro is superior to Windows 2000. It is definitely faster. Windows 2000 has issues with graphics drivers in particular. If you configure XP to run for "maximum performance" and choose the Windows Classic appearance theme you can hardly tell 2K and Xp apart visually. But to each his own, so good luck and let us know if you get stuck on a particular piece of hardware.
"When you hear hoofbeats think horses, not zebras"
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.