HP Dv7 Pavillion Backspace Key Broken - Missing Part? (10254 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Elsa Duty
Message 1 of 3 (10,254 Views)

HP Dv7 Pavillion Backspace Key Broken - Missing Part?

My backspace key broke a few weeks ago. The little plastic attachment cracked. I ordered a new one off Ebay. I temporarily had it working again, and then it popped off once more.

Here is my question. Does this key have two metal pins that hold the key in place? I do not seem to have those. I don't know if they fell off the first time it broke. All I have is the key face, and the white key attachment. On the computer all I have is the rubber dot (the actual button), and then metal hooks (nothing else). Am I able to fix this myself or am I missing a piece here? Thanks!
Occasional Visitor
eric52
Message 2 of 3 (10,254 Views)

Re: HP Dv7 Pavillion Backspace Key Broken - Missing Part?

Yes, I guess you can fix it by yourself. A laptop key contain a rubber cup, key cap, metal hooks and the retainers(plastic hinges). If you have all the things then you can fix yourself. Or for more help, see the following video installation guide. May be you will find a solution as I did last month with the help of this video. Check out:

http://www.laptopkey.com/Guides.php/HP/DV%20Series/DV7%20(Silver)/H35
Occasional Advisor
ihaveahpdv6
Message 3 of 3 (10,244 Views)

Re: HP Dv7 Pavillion Backspace Key Broken - Missing Part?

1. Here is the HP Pavilion DV7 Laptop Keys

2. The reason the laptop keys pops up even if you install them correctly its most likely that the METAL tabs on the keyboard itself was moved or damaged, so you need to also adjust the metal tab, the easiest way of doing this is to remove another key and look at how the metal tabs are suppose to sit, hope this helps, good luck!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.