F11 key doesn`t work (2060 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Rennan Possas
Message 1 of 6 (2,060 Views)

F11 key doesn`t work

Hello, I am brazilian and not speak english very well.
I formated my notebook ( 2312us ) for install win xp, but now, I trying to recovery original system and f11 key doesn`t work, help me please, the hp web site don`t send dvd/cd recovery to brazil....

thanks....
Acclaimed Contributor
Cheryl G.
Message 2 of 6 (2,060 Views)

Re: F11 key doesn`t work

Right click My Computer icon,choose Manage.In the window that opens look for Disk Management.Click on it and you should see your hdd partitions.Click to Highlight the Recovery partition,next right click it to see if the option is there to "Mark partition as Active".If so select it and reboot.

------------------
If the option isn't there_and you need help with XP or drivers post back.
``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
Occasional Visitor
MICHAEL WEISS
Message 3 of 6 (2,060 Views)

I too am having an issue with the F11 not working. i looked and there is NO partition for the recovery. what can I do from here?? thanks

Michael
Honored Contributor
James Hearron IT
Message 4 of 6 (2,060 Views)

If you formatted your computer to install Windows XP, you probably removed it or messed it up and it isn't going to work.

Call HP and order your recovery discs.
"Errors were made, others will be blamed.."
Occasional Visitor
Tapsells
Message 5 of 6 (2,055 Views)

Hi

I got a similar problem too. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and after a week found out my DVD drive was missing. I thought of reinstalling Vista back but now find that the Recovery Manager doesn't work despite my Recovery Partition Disk being intact in D:\. Upon startup, pressing F11 has also not worked. I tried your suggestion of making the drive D active through disk management but to no avail. Without the DVD drive working as well as the recovery manager and F11 key malfunctioning I am stuck. Please Help.

Thanks

VidyaVI
Message 6 of 6 (1,863 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for  using HP Forums!

The recovery partition is created in factory only, if you format the hard drive the recovery partition will be deleted and you will not be able use it.

This partition cannot be created, only option is to call the HP solution center and ask for the recovery DVDs.

One more inforamtion, this is an consumer notebook and in consumer notebooks if you use an HP shipped recovery DVDs, this will create the recovery partition and you will get F11 option.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Regards,
Vidya
Forums Moderator
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.