Re: DV6215 Internal Wireless failure & Card Reader Failure (362 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Scotte Bruno
Message 1 of 4 (591 Views)

DV6215 Internal Wireless failure & Card Reader Failure

I have an HP 6215US Pavillion that has had terrible issues with the internal wireless card and now in fact, it no longer even works. I am in a critical position because my livelyhood depends upon my ability to utylize the wireless features as promised that this notebook offers.

I have done enough research on the subject of this issue and found how prevelant this issue actually is with the DV6000 Series notebooks. Should you wish to see an example of the multitude of examples of this models wireless failures please visit - http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1136440&admit=-68273...

It is very eveident that the DV6000 series notebooks have either a software, driver and/or hardware issue that eventually renders the wireless capabilities useless. In almost every case where the DV6000 Series failure occurs HP replaces the notebook with a new notebook of equal or better quality.

Before I again sacrifice 20+ hours of my time having things backed up and then sending the notebook back to HP for weeks I was wondering if anyone has found a fix to this wireless issue.

Lastly, most recently the camera card reader on this notebook no longer works and in fact as soon as I place the card into the reader slot the notebook immediately shuts down. Has anyone else witnessed this error too? Whats interesting is that the reader's position is located VERY close to the wireless on/off switch, which would lead me to believe that this indeed is a hardware related issue and its only getting worse.

Scott Bruno
Founder - Intrawork
Acclaimed Contributor
Cheryl G.
Message 2 of 4 (591 Views)

Re: DV6215 Internal Wireless failure & Card Reader Failure

See this thread on HP extending warranty on some of these models because of the hardware failure.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1179013

One of the proposed fixes is getting the latest Bios update,seems to work on some but not others.Your Bios update is here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3340163〈=en

Some have simply given up on the issue an bought an ExpressCard or USB Wireless Adapter.
``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
Acclaimed Contributor
Cheryl G.
Message 3 of 4 (591 Views)

An option to consider if the Bios update doesn't help,and you can't be without the laptop for repairs:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16839314007
``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
Occasional Visitor
FairportPhil
Message 4 of 4 (362 Views)

Had same problem.  Completely reloaded Vista, and all service packs, and BIOS.  Still did not work.  Went to BestBuy and bought Belkin USB N150 wireless adapter for $29.  Popped in the software disk (included), plugged in the usb adapter and I am back in business.  The orange light remains on all the time on the front of my 6000 series laptop, but the usb adapter works in place of the internal Broadcom adapter.  The problem with many of the 6000 series hp laptops is that the Broadcom internal wireless card loses its interface with the motherboard, due to a motherboard failure.  The problem is NOT in the Broadcon wireless adapter card inside the computer.  Don't waste time with this problem.  Get the USB adapter, connect to your wireless network, and ignore the orange light on the laptop !!!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.