Re: xe4100 usb black out problem (94 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Richard_338
Message 1 of 6 (94 Views)

xe4100 usb black out problem

[ Edited ]

To keep it short and sweet. The xe4100 turns to black screen as soon as i plug in any usb device. The only solution so far is to turn off the computer and turn it back on with the device still pluged in. But it occationally still blacks out. if you have any ideas please reply thank you very much.

---Richard---

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Notebook PC - Omnibooks, EVO. - Hp Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Gary Cantwell
Message 2 of 6 (94 Views)

Re: xe4100 usb black out problem

Hi Richard,

You could also post this one over in the Omnibook Category:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=410

The experts there will have some suggestions for you,

Hope this helps,

Gary
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Richard_338
Message 3 of 6 (94 Views)

Thanks for your help Gary im just new at this so im still trying to find my way around it.

---Richard---
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Gary Cantwell
Message 4 of 6 (94 Views)

Hi Richard,

No problem, we're here to help....

If you have any forums usage questions you can post them here:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/familyhome.do?familyId=295

Cheers,

Gary
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Omar Senussi
Message 5 of 6 (94 Views)

Hi Richard, If you are still there,
Waht is the history here? any recent changes? Did the USB devices ever work Ahat OS?
You could look in theis area for driver updates .. maybe do a bios update if this is ageneral fault with the USB.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?locale=en_US&pnameOID=83660&task...〈=en&cc=us
If you can keep your head whilst all around you are losing theirs... You haven't understood the situation!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Richard_338
Message 6 of 6 (94 Views)

Hello everyone I tried to reply to your last repy but i couldn't send it. An error popped up every time. So hee is my next attempt.

I have given up for the mean time. Not because your suggestions haven't worked but the computer im trying to fix is in finnish. As you could imagine that limits my ability to do things. I will try again later when i am not so frustrated and this time i will use a translator instead of a english finnish dictionary. Thanks and i will still let you know what happens.

---Richard---
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation