windows authentication number needed when using the recovery disc on an omnibook 4150 (970 Views)
Occasional Visitor
drobso01
Message 1 of 2 (970 Views)

windows authentication number needed when using the recovery disc on an omnibook 4150

Okay I bought a reconditioned hard drive and put it in my Omnibook 4150(circa 1999). It is an old computer but I like the look & feel of it. I found my recovery disc and ran it. Everything worked well. Then on reboot windows NT  loaded and asked for my windows authentication number. I once saw it on a document a long time ago but dont have it now. It is not on the back of the omnibook 4150. What can I do?

HP Pro
ironcoog
Message 2 of 2 (690 Views)

Re: windows authentication number needed when using the recovery disc on an omnibook 4150

Hi, thanks for your post.  We cannot post this information on the forums for obvious reasons, but if you contact tech support, they should be able to assist you after verifying some information.  The link below will lead you to the correct contact number.

Contact HP

I work on behalf of HP
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.