Synaptics TouchPad Enhancements has stopped working (1137 Views)
Occasional Visitor
clamage45
Message 1 of 1 (1,137 Views)

Synaptics TouchPad Enhancements has stopped working

I'm running WIndows Vista Business with all current updates on a Compaq Mobile Workstation 8510w.

I suddenly started getting the message in the Subject line. The enhanced features (like scrolling) are not working on the touchpad, although the basic features still work. I tried manually running the SynTPEnh.exe program from the Synaptics folder in c:\programs, but it gave the same message.

Other postings about thsi message were solved by updating the dirver.  I tried updating the driver, but Windows says I have the latest one. To verify, I went to the HP drivers site. The most recent driver there is about year older than the one installed on my system. The installed driver is 15.0.24.0 dated  6/3/2010. The Synaptics site says drivers are customized by the computer manuafacturer, and to get drivers from the manufacturer.

Any suggestions? Should I uninstall the current driver and pick the latest one on the HP drivers site?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.