Re: Region Code change on Omnibook 6100 (275 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Cipriano Patrik
Message 1 of 4 (275 Views)

Region Code change on Omnibook 6100

How can I change the DVD-Rom firmware
Region Code. I probably would need a software.
But where to get this software?
Patrik
Honored Contributor
Chris Kucy
Message 2 of 4 (275 Views)

Re: Region Code change on Omnibook 6100

Depending on the operating system, it can be changed in teh dvd software or device manager under cd rom devices properties.
"File Deletion Is Murder, Hard Drive Formatting Is Genocide" Unknown
Frequent Advisor
Richard_76
Message 3 of 4 (275 Views)

try www.firmware.fr.st

i know i have to do this to except for some ODD reason, i don't know if this will work for you though. I have region 1,2,3 dvds and since I've changed all my settings to all of these( i have one change left before it becomes permanently region-coded sorry i can't find the right words im too drunk to make this sound too gramatically correct...) i can now play all of these dvds without fidgeting with the firmware. but anyway, this site has the most complete set of region-busters. just be sure you know what you're doing.

take care.

Respected Contributor
S. Chang_1
Message 4 of 4 (275 Views)

I agree with (drunk) Patrick on the website... find your model... it is very specific! Once you flashed the firmware to unlocked, you can use any region DVD...

That is one part... to play it is another part... the decoder part... which also has to be flashed or if it is software version... you might have to buy a software that allows you to defeat this region thing.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.