Re: Omnibook 6100 wireless problem (503 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Denise Tanton
Message 1 of 7 (503 Views)

Omnibook 6100 wireless problem

We've had an Omnibook 6100 for about 2 years and it's never given us a single problem. We use a Lynksis wireless notebook adaptor to connect to the internet.

Suddenly, the computer stopped recognizing any wireless connections. The lights are on on the card itself but I don't see any wireless activity light on the omnibook.

I know the wireless is working - we have 3 other computers that are all able to connect without a problem.

I also know the card works because I inserted it into a sony laptop and it connected fine as well.

There does not seem to be a specific wireless enable/disable button but I know some laptops have a function key combination to enable/disable wirelss - could this be the probllem?

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Mark W.
Message 2 of 7 (503 Views)

Re: Omnibook 6100 wireless problem

The buttons for disabling wireless only apply to integrated or factory-installed wireless cards.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
harald schnitzler
Message 3 of 7 (503 Views)

never trust a sleeping light.

Have you seen in the system wether a connection is build up? Often it is possible to disable and to enable this connection .... and it works.

Other possibility: You are using XP? Than search for the last recovery point (I am setting one once a week) and change the PC to that status.

Tell me, if you have had success.

so long

Harald
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
gregg franks
Message 4 of 7 (503 Views)

hello all

I installed a intel 2200bg card and loaded the driver......but not getting any reception. Not to surprised as I did not see any antannae wires to plug onto the adapter?? do you know why there is no wires? Does this mean it is not wireless upgradeable?

thanks!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
G[]ne
Message 5 of 7 (503 Views)

Hello all,
does anyone know if the omnibook 6100 has wireless internet built in. it seems to have a button on the left side of it with a picture like a stick with rays(like wireless)and if you press it a blue light goes on, does anyone know if that's the wireless.
my friend told me to install the driver for wireless, and said that it would work, i was wondering if anyone has tried that either,

thanks all
P.S -
i would appreciate if any tips for the wireless internet or if you know a cheap laptop battery shop or refurbisher that has the omnibook 6100 battery, they are too deer and im looking for something in the, less then $40 range
thanks
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Bill Vienneau
Message 6 of 7 (503 Views)

I have the same problem currently, i was wondering if you were ever able to find a solution to the problem ? Thanks
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Mark W.
Message 7 of 7 (503 Views)

Yes if your laptop has the button with the blue LED next to it, then it has built-in wireless LAN. You can download the driver for it from HP by following the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of the page.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation