Re: Omnibook 6000 Battery ?'s (33 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Ryan Curran_1
Message 1 of 2 (33 Views)

Omnibook 6000 Battery ?'s

[ Edited ]

omnibook 6000
800 mhz
512 ram
windows xp pro sp2

bios ver: Phoenix Technologies Ltd. EA. M1.83 4/11/03

Patches from HP installed:
Intel Speedstep technology applet
synaptics touchpad

so onto the question. my batter light changes red when i run it off of AC power. when i unplug (even though i know the battery is fully charged) i get the critical battery message. i can continue to operate my computer for up to 2 or 3 hours, but this error bugs me. also the mouse pointer sticks periodically, even though i installed the patch from the HP website. any help would be appreciated.

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to  Notebook PC - Omnibooks, EVO. -HP Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Andrew Rutter
Message 2 of 2 (33 Views)

Re: Omnibook 6000 Battery ?'s

Hi,
The battery could need re-calibrating. try pressing f6 when starting the 600 after tthe bios sccreen. this sjhould launch the calibration utility, but it takes a while to complete. otherwise it could be the DC board inside which is failing.
The pointing stick could need the keyboard replaceing though if its still doing it.(if you mean the one in the keyboard)its worth re-seating the connection though and try that

Andy
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation