Omnibook 300 Password Removal (781 Views)
Occasional Visitor
pierangler
Message 1 of 3 (781 Views)

Omnibook 300 Password Removal

I purchased an Omnibook 300 recently that has the bios password on startup.  I do not know the password.  After contacting HP Support, I have found that HP no longer supports this older laptop.

Does anyone know how to remove this password so that I can use the laptop?

Would removing the cmos battery do it?

Reformat the hard drive on another laptop - it is a card that will fit in a card slot.

HP Pro
ironcoog
Message 2 of 3 (516 Views)

Re: Omnibook 300 Password Removal

You can try the CMOS battery, but I believe the password on these older Omnibooks is stored on a chip on the motherboard as well.  I'm not sure why they couldn't help you with this over the phone...even if the unit is out of warranty, you should have a paid support option.  Otherwise you can take it into an HP authorized service center.

I work on behalf of HP
Frequent Advisor
Winos
Message 3 of 3 (507 Views)

Re: Omnibook 300 Password Removal

Indeed the cmos battery may be helpful but you have to remove the battery and power as well otherweise it will never work. 

If you reoved the power the battery and the cmos. Press 5 times on the start button and wait one minute. 

Now you know for sure no power is on your device.

Winos.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
The doors of wisdom are never shut. Benjamin Franklin
&
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. Nelson Mandela
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.