Re: How to flash the HP Omnibook 500 BIOS (131 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Andreas Ekroll
Message 1 of 4 (131 Views)

How to flash the HP Omnibook 500 BIOS

[ Edited ]

Have got a HP Omnibook 500 where there has unfortunately been enabled/set a BIOS password that nobody seem to remember. I guess I will have to flash the BIOS back to factory default to get rid of this password.
How do i do this ?

P.S. this thread has been moevd from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Notebook PC - Omnibooks, EVO. - Hp Forum moderator

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Venkatesh_16
Message 2 of 4 (131 Views)

Re: How to flash the HP Omnibook 500 BIOS

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Andreas Ekroll
Message 3 of 4 (131 Views)

Thanks for the quick answer, but I guess I should have been a bit more spesific when I first asked the question.

The problem is that the computer won't detect the hard drive correctly and therefore reports "No operating system found". I've tried booting up using a floppy, then checked the partion table with the fdisk utility: "No partitions found".
I then created a new partition, rebooted the computer, and the partition I just created was long gone.

So my question would be: Is there an alternative way to flash/reset the bios on these computers ?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Gary Cantwell
Message 4 of 4 (131 Views)

Hi Andreas,

welcome to the forums!

Have you identified the hard disk as good in another unit?

Cheers,

Gary
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation