Hard Disk not Found Error (926 Views)
Occasional Visitor
jagadish Loakre
Message 1 of 3 (926 Views)

Hard Disk not Found Error

hi i have HP 530 notebook lappy i just format the c drive through BOOT IT NG then i am trying to install XP but the message has been displaying like Hard Disk not found press F3 to Quit.plz help to solve this problem.
Honored Contributor
Ron Silver_1
Message 2 of 3 (926 Views)

Re: Hard Disk not Found Error

Go into setup and make sure that the HD is recognized there. If it shows no HD your HD may have died.
Advisor
Timos
Message 3 of 3 (926 Views)

Re: Hard Disk not Found Error

Hi,

I think you are not using XP installation CD provided by HP? Ok, no problem. Go to HP website to driver's download section. Choose your laptop model and after that the correct language and OS.

After that, go to Storage drivers, download Intel Matrix driver packet, unpack it and follow the instructions.

You need those drivers in the beginning of Win XP installation. Hit F6 -button when needed in the very beginning of installation and choose the correct drivers when requested.

Since you need an USB floppy drive to to that, you might consider either changing the SATA HDD mode from BIOS or slipstream the correct drivers into a XP installation CD.
If you need a further assistance, just let me know.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.