Re: HP Mini 5101 overheating question (1117 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Stanislav Gelimbatovsky
Message 1 of 2 (1,137 Views)

HP Mini 5101 overheating question

after 15+ minutes of work its like a frying pan. my guess it's ram section that's really hot. but i dont know for sure, cuz pretty much whole bottom is.

anyways i read that it might be slightly warm, but i never expected it to deliver discomfort.

it works alright, but i dont want to find it burned one day. it's the 2GB RAM, 250GB HD version.

any hints are appreciated. if it supposed to be taht way. let it be, if not. i'd like to find a solution ^^

Honored Contributor
Ron Silver_1
Message 2 of 2 (1,117 Views)

Re: HP Mini 5101 overheating question

This is a bit of a guess but you most likely have dust/dirk blocking the cooling slots on the bottom some have used spray cans of air to clean them out others have gone so far as to dismantle them and clean the heathenish and cooling air paths. I have some other models of HP laptops and I use a Targus cooling fan under all of them. The Keyboard get warm to touch with the cooling pads.I had one laptop that got hot enough to press my wife's skirt before we put a cooling pad under it

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.