HOW-TO BIOS - Password Clearing (1811 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Shane Roberts
Message 1 of 2 (1,811 Views)
Accepted Solution

HOW-TO BIOS - Password Clearing

[ Edited ]

This post is to assist with clearing BIOS passwords.

In response to a question in CRISIS RECOVERY DISK #2 forum and is specifically aimed at an HP Omnibook 500.

Although aimed at the Omnibook it will also assist with any HP Notebook or Desktop computer.

The Onmibook 500 uses a Phoenix BIOS.

First search the web  for "Phoenix BIOS password recovery". The search produced four possible passwords...

BIOS

CMOS

phoenix

PHOENIX

Try each of these FIRST. To do this on an Omnibook tap the F10 key while booting the notebook to bring up the password request.

If none of the passwords you found works move to the next step.

Search the web for "HP Omnibook 500 motherboard specifications".

One of the first results is this webpage on HP's web site...

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c00858789&lc=en&product=45578

Open the page and scroll down to the sub-heading Clearing Bios Password and click the plus symbol on the left to open the solution. Note that this method requires you to open the computer to expose the jumper/s.

Cheers,

Shane Roberts

FOOTNOTE:-  In general your searches should take these formats...

BIOS....   "(Bios manufacturer) BIOS recovery passwords"

Computer...   "HP (computer model) motherboard specifications"

REPLACE the words  in brackets with the specific manufacturer or computer model.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
medevas
Message 2 of 2 (1,798 Views)

Re: HOW-TO BIOS - Password Clearing

Thank you very much for being so kind. I just managed  (an hour ago or so) to enter a password generated by a script which used a hash code. The thing was I already tried with those scripts but it seemed the passwords were no good. I had to press some specific keys prior to entering the password generated by the script and that was it. I discovered by mistake. Thanks again anyway.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation