Re: EVO n160 beep codes (94 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Vladimir Drzik
Message 1 of 4 (94 Views)

EVO n160 beep codes

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Could someone please tell me where to find description of beep codes for EVO n160.
I executed windows XP installer, installation halted and after shut down and start, notebook stoped working. Display is not working. On start I got one long beep. After that notebook repeats long beep and two short beeps. BIOS is accessing floppy drive and if I insert boot floppy it seems like it load just first sector and then beeping stops and computer halts. Notebook had Phoenix BIOS, but I do not know exactly what version. I tried to remove CMOS backup baterry but it does not help.

P.S.This thread has been moved from  Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards>general to Notebook PC - Omnibooks, EVO- HP Forums Moderator

Honored Contributor
Gary Cantwell
Message 2 of 4 (94 Views)

Re: EVO n160 beep codes

Hi,

You could also post this question over on the EVO Category:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=274

The experts there will have some suggestions for you,

Hope this helps,

Gary
Honored Contributor
Alexander M. Ermes
Message 3 of 4 (94 Views)

Hi there.
Here a way to the manuals :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=...

You should find the necessary info in there.
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Occasional Contributor
Vladimir Drzik
Message 4 of 4 (94 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for reply, I will be posting to notebook forum.

I already read those manuals but there is nothing about beep codes. There is just general info.
I found beep code description on phoenix site for Phoenix bios 4.0 revision 6, but i don't know if I can apply those codes to EVO 160 notebook. One long beep and two short beeps means "Search option ROMS, beep on checksum failure".
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.