EVO N620C - BIOS Reset (385 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Gregory Koryga
Message 1 of 5 (385 Views)

EVO N620C - BIOS Reset

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone. I have notebook compaq evo n620c. This is a second hand notebook. Could you tell me why sometime my bios restes itself. Actually I can't see frequency of this event, sometimes it happends? When I turn of the computer Windows tells me that something's wrong with my date, and that is tru, I have 00:00 1.01.1988(I can't remembe exactly date but It's not acctual), of course the setting in Bios return to defaults. I have no IDEA what is going on but it makes me tired. Believe me. If there's anyone who know anything about it please help.

Greetings ;-)

Gregory

P.S. this thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > general to Notebook PC - Omnibooks, EVO - Hp Forum Moderator

Honored Contributor
Rich S
Message 2 of 5 (385 Views)

Re: EVO N620C - BIOS Reset

See about clock and time:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?docname=c00047347&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R...

PC homepage:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?〈=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=316682〈=en&cc=us

Rich

POINTS?

Points are way of saying thank you to the person that has helped you.
Only the question author can assign points to a given response. If you submit a question or new topic and another member replies to it, you will see a dropdown menu of points next to the reply (you must be logged in to see the menu). Select the point value and then click the "submit points" button. Note that you can rate multiple replies and submit them at one time. That way you can assign more than 10 points to an individual.

Occasional Visitor
Gregory Koryga
Message 3 of 5 (385 Views)

Hello
Thanks for the reply. I've discovered it. That was the RTC battery, it was drained. I've replaced it and it works.

Thank U
Honored Contributor
Rich S
Message 4 of 5 (385 Views)

glad to hear its working again...

Rich

say thanks with HP POINTS
Occasional Visitor
Ng'onga Nkuba
Message 5 of 5 (385 Views)

I have noticed a similar problem with my laptop. What are the specifications for the battery?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.