0xC00D116A: Cannot play DVD video (196 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Alberto Fernandez_2
Message 1 of 4 (196 Views)

0xC00D116A: Cannot play DVD video

Also defined as Error ID = 0xC00D116A, Condition ID = 0x00000000.

Hi folks!
Since a couple of days ago i have realised that i'm unable to play any DVD on aither Win Media Player nor on Power DVD. The error messages are different on these two applications but the result has been the same, no movie tonight! I have a hp omnibook xt 1500, running on xp pro. If it helps i've done a windows update recently. I've tried to fix it with the Media Player troubleshooter but unsurprisingly it didn't work.
I hope that any of you folks that has come accross this issue can give me a hand so that i can start again to enjoy my beloved DVDs.

Cheers.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
CA538024
Message 2 of 4 (196 Views)

Re: 0xC00D116A: Cannot play DVD video

Hi Alberto,

I recommend posting this question in the Omnibook area of these forums. Here's a link to that site:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/CategoryHome/1,,410,00.html

Thanks!

Kathy
Forum Manager
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Perignon
Message 3 of 4 (196 Views)

Hi Alberto,

Have you ever been able to play DVDs on your system or did the problem occur suddenly?

Prior to suspecting possible conflits between Win Media Player and Power DVD, you may be wishing to check whether or not your DVD player is installed correctly. This is probably the case if normal CDROM can be read. Anyway, a short trip into the device manager won't harm. Check there for every media-related device declaring itself "unknown" or marked with an exclamation point in a yellow circle.

Should everything be OK, there might be a conflict between the CODECs put in Win Media Player and those accepted by Power DVD. Therefore, I'd personally remove Win Media Player with a good uninstaller, and manually delete all its related lines in the registry.

This done I'd try to launch a DVD with Power DVD only. Note that you may also have to re-install Power DVD and make sure that the zoning corresponds to the DVDs you are using.

Please come back with your findings/problems (if any).

Alain
Frustrations surmounted are paving the way to expertise.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Perignon
Message 4 of 4 (196 Views)

Hi Alberto,

With reference to my previous posting I'd like to add this:

Realising that you may be wishing to use Windows Media Player for other purpose than running DVD disks, I'd suggest WinMP. 7 as the less problematic version.

Install that version first, then Power DVD afterwards. Don't forget setting the zoning appropriate to your DVDs.

Alain
Frustrations surmounted are paving the way to expertise.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation