...while TPM connected (5294 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Charles Hewitt
Message 1 of 3 (5,294 Views)

...while TPM connected

The Credential Manager Logon Wizard intermitantly hangs at Windows atartup with a dialogue box titled 'Please wait... while TPM connected'

There does not seem to be anything that triggers this behaviour and after anytime up to about 2 hours the dialogue goes and I can log in.

Sometimes it goes straight to login without any hesitation.
I am running Windows XP pro on a nx6325 with F.07 BIOS (just upgrade from F.04 becasue I thought it might have been the BIOS).

Any ideas welcome...
Charles
Honored Contributor
nn6o
Message 2 of 3 (5,294 Views)

Re: ...while TPM connected

I currently don't use TPM for authentication, but do have it configured. When I was first "playing" with the HP Cred Manager and the Protect Tools TPM feature, I ran into a problem that turned out to be a corrupted TPM configuration. I had to delete the TPM profiles in Windows, reset the TPM module in BIOS, then turn it off and then back on.

When the problem was occuring, I noticed was that there were error entries in the Event Log. Primarily, there were log entries stating that TPM was temporarily disabled due to too many invalid authentication attempts. Not sure what or why, but I think the HP Cred Manager wasn't properly sync'd with the TPM. Again, reseting the TPM module seem to clear up my problem. For reference, I also un-installed and re-installed all the Cred Manager and Protect Tools software.

Check your event log(s) for TPM entries and see if it helps pin-point what's going on.

- nn6o
Occasional Visitor
Uneek
Message 3 of 3 (3,478 Views)

Re: ...while TPM connected

Did you (or anyone else for that matter) ever solve this 'Please wait... while TPM connected' issue?

Charles Hewitt wrote:
The Credential Manager Logon Wizard intermitantly hangs at Windows atartup with a dialogue box titled 'Please wait... while TPM connected'

There does not seem to be anything that triggers this behaviour and after anytime up to about 2 hours the dialogue goes and I can log in.

Sometimes it goes straight to login without any hesitation.
I am running Windows XP pro on a nx6325 with F.07 BIOS (just upgrade from F.04 becasue I thought it might have been the BIOS).

Any ideas welcome...
Charles

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.