Re: nx9420 and Basic Docking Station NIC Issues (458 Views)
Regular Advisor
doubleH
Message 1 of 3 (458 Views)

nx9420 and Basic Docking Station NIC Issues

[ Edited ]

Howdy,

I have a nx9420 with the basic docking station. When I plug in my network cable to the docking station nic and place the laptop on the docking station my network connection will not work. It keeps dropping my connection every 2 seconds.

I had to plug my network cable into the side of my laptop and use the build in NIC and that works fine. What's up with that? I thought the docking station was DOA so I had it relpaced and it did the same thing.

Any ideas?

P.S. this thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > general to Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE - Hp Forums Moderator

Frequent Advisor
Steven_144
Message 2 of 3 (458 Views)

Re: nx9420 and Basic Docking Station NIC Issues

Hi DoubleH,

I hope I'm safe to assume you have W2k, or XP. Right click on "My Network Places" and you should see your "Local Area Connections"
Disable the intergrated Network Interface Card (NIC). This will assure you that there are no software conflicts. If the laptop is playing hard ball and this dosn't work. Right click on "My Computer" select the "Hardware" tab then click on "Device Manager" and scroll down until you see "Network Adapters", Right click on the intergrated (NIC)select "Properties" and select "turn off device".

Let me know if this works for you!

Steve
Regular Advisor
doubleH
Message 3 of 3 (458 Views)

Re: nx9420 and Basic Docking Station NIC Issues

hi steven,

i tried what you suggested and had some luck. once i disabled my lan connection and pluged the cable into the docking station nic the link light would stay on and appeared to operate normally. the only problem is that i had no network connectivity because the network conenction was disabled.

any other ideas?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.