nx6325 fingerprint reader on XP64 (638 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Don HH2K
Message 1 of 8 (638 Views)

nx6325 fingerprint reader on XP64

I noticed that HP recently put out an x64 AuthenTec fingerprint reader driver for the nx6325's reader. The ProtectTools package is required to actually use it. The base 32-bit ProtectTools pack installs without problems, as does the x64 driver itself. However, the Credential Manager portion of ProtectTools fails during the install, with the following error:

"Setup error: The system could not retrieve the configuration settings from the master repository.

Verify that the master repository is correctly installed on the target server. If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator., action: CreateKeySet.

The installation cannot be continued."

If there's any logfile for the installer, I can post if it needed. I do know that the installer appears to complete a step labeled "Creating master repository", so by my guess the installer isn't properly creating the repository, or a later task in the installer is having trouble accessing the repository created by the earleir task.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Simon Poulton
Message 2 of 8 (638 Views)

Re: nx6325 fingerprint reader on XP64

XP64 is still very new. i wouldnt expect to hasve full compatibility until Vista X64 is released mainstream. Besides the fact at present XP64 is slower than normal xp with most tasks apart from boot time but you can make normal xp just as fast with some optimizations.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Sven Assmann
Message 3 of 8 (638 Views)

I have the same problem as Don HH2K, have you a solution for that problem??
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
TwoCents
Message 4 of 8 (638 Views)

HP doesn't support ProtectTools security feature under 64bit XP. The reason to release Fingerprint sensor driver is to avoid the yellow bang for the Fingerprint device under Device Manager. The current driver over the web is not good. HP will release another one soon.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
TwoCents
Message 5 of 8 (638 Views)

You can upgrade the Fingerprint driver from the folder of C:\Program Files (x86)\Fingerprint Sensor\Drivers\AMD64

HP will release a driver that fixes the installation soon.

Please note HP provides the hardware drivers ONLY for 64bit XP and will not support the applications such as the HP ProtectionTools. Please refer to the web:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/pscmisc/vac/us/en/en/notebooks/notebooks_osmatrix_en.html
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Dmitry Romanov
Message 6 of 8 (638 Views)

I noticed that recently the XP x64 fingerprint reader driver has been updated:
"AuthenTec Fingerprint Driver 1.10 System
28 Jun 2007" (sp36237.exe).

However, installing the HP ProtectTools Credential Manager of the most recent version 2.50 Rev H (sp36078.exe) results in the same error mentioned above.

Does HP have plans to enable Windows XP Pro x64 support by the Credential Manager?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Dmitry Romanov
Message 7 of 8 (638 Views)

Forgot to mention: my laptop model is nc8430 but it seems this isn't essential sine the sensor model is the same
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Sagar D
Message 8 of 8 (638 Views)

I am facing the same problem.
Also, I am running win xp x64 on nx 6325, and when I click on user accounts, nothing happens. Is that related to downloading HP ProtectTools and the error above?
I am simply administrator and am unable to set a password or customize my name through user accounts.
It says found new hardware twice, one is audio on modem bus or something like that and the other one I cant figure out... should I connect to the internet and go for an upgrade or is there another way to find what that "new hardware" actually is...?
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation