nc8430 - Wireless Driver: 10.5.1.59 (184 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Murray Foxcroft
Message 1 of 3 (184 Views)

nc8430 - Wireless Driver: 10.5.1.59

Hi, if I upgrade from driver: 10.5.1.57 to 10.5.1.59 my wireless connection keeps dropping and reconnecting - I have no idea why. I have rebuilt my laptop from scratch, but the problem still manifests itself. We have the same with th 8220s (we have about 30 odd HP laptops). We are connecting to Cisco Aeronet 1130/1131's APs with the latest and greatest Cisco patches applied. I have tried all sorts of config options found on the web - turn off power management, different roaming and signal strengths etc etc. The wireless connectivity on out HP laptops is far inferior to some of the Samsung and IBM devices we are evaluating to use instead of HP kit. Any ideas if I am missing something or if its just poor quality kit?
Super Advisor
paula duffy
Message 2 of 3 (184 Views)

Re: nc8430 - Wireless Driver: 10.5.1.59

Hi Murray

If you have 30 units with the exact same issue and you have the latest firmware /patches for your Cisco Aeronet and wireless driver I think you should call HP and get a case raised to second level support. I have experienced in the past where they have resolved these type of issues.

If you decide to call make sure you haalso apply the latest bios updates to your unit as this is part of the criteria when they are escalating a call.
Occasional Contributor
Murray Foxcroft
Message 3 of 3 (184 Views)

Re: nc8430 - Wireless Driver: 10.5.1.59

Sounds like too much effort to log a support call, we run the latest bios, and every driver update on our kit to try and ensure we dont have issues. If we dont find good IBM or other alternate kit, we'll log a call. Hardware issues cost us a fortune to manage.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.